What is Beasthood

Beasthood Incorporated is something I started for determined individuals who know the difference between Reasons & Excuses. Things in life will hit you at the most unexpected times and what I've noticed is that lack of Preparation is the reason we take so long to get back on track. Therefore, your biggest enemy... is You. You can now begin to sit there and think to yourself, "This negro don't know me" and come up with a billion and one EXCUSES as to why you aren't at least on the path of where you want to be, OR... you can name the very few REASONS why and then formulate a plan to overcome them. 
Nothing can Stop You, Except You... Like It, Learn It, Live It

Friday, December 24, 2010

Typo or Just Plain Dumb?

Picture from http://imkwaa.com
 Typo: a mistaken key stroke. You knew what word you were trying to type, with the correct spelling and context, and simply added, removed, or misplaced a letter.


Just Plain Dumb: Using the wrong word, context and/or words that don't exist that you used trying to sound clever.



With the increasing number of Social Networking Sites comes all new Cyber Lingo and a whole new World to see how educated people really aren't. Personally, I will rarely correct on spelling or grammar (the Spell Nazi) because it's too much work with all the errors I've seen. But when you talk about how intelligent you are or are trying to call someone dumb, and misspell words, you are very effectively shrinking the intelligence barrier between you and your "victim". Now I make mistakes, and when called on them will gladly admit my idiocy in the matter but I often see people use the excuse "It was a Typo" and I want to clear up the differences between Typos and Just Plain Dumb statements
Prime example: bored with the recycling of boring TT ideas, like #SideChickAppreciationDay (which was funny on Feb 13, not on Aug 27) I decided, as a joke, to randomly start #TheseTTsDryerThan and many people proceeded to go in. Now only 3 of my 1900+ followers caught that "Dryer" is a noun (as in Washer & Dryer) not and adjective (as in Drier than). I could've easier said that was a typo, but it wasn't... that was Just Plain Dumb.
If I can Admit it, so can you. We all have those Duh Moments, embrace and learn from them. If you notice you have Just Plain Dumb Moments often, seek Help. There isn't anything worse than an Intelligent Dummy discussing worldly issues but can't beat a 3rd grader in a written exam.

When you make a "typo", and can't realize it, you might find yourself in a #MurkGWisdom situation. What's that you ask? You may end up saying something like, "I am Way Smart Then You" (Actual Quote) when replying to someone questioning your intellect. Do you see how counterproductive that statement is? If not... I will Pray for you.

Just remember, Spelling and Context Count. Don’t Look as Retarded as your Competition.

Dumb Cheat Sheet
back to top