What is Beasthood

Beasthood Incorporated is something I started for determined individuals who know the difference between Reasons & Excuses. Things in life will hit you at the most unexpected times and what I've noticed is that lack of Preparation is the reason we take so long to get back on track. Therefore, your biggest enemy... is You. You can now begin to sit there and think to yourself, "This negro don't know me" and come up with a billion and one EXCUSES as to why you aren't at least on the path of where you want to be, OR... you can name the very few REASONS why and then formulate a plan to overcome them. 
Nothing can Stop You, Except You... Like It, Learn It, Live It

Friday, December 24, 2010

Relatives vs. Family

     Have you ever let a relative that made you change, or tweak, your personal rules to accommodate them... simply because they were related? I know I used to. But since then I've had to ask, "Relative vs. Family"... Is there a difference?


     I've heard plenty of people say, "I'll do anything for my family," but never interchanged with the word relative... but why? Is one just easier to say than the other? I don't think so, I think its a much deeper meaning. The definitions for both are as follows:
 

Relative: a person related by bloodline or through marriage

Family: an association of people who share common beliefs or activities

     To me, those are very different things. I don't consider every relative a member of my family anymore. I'm sure we all have people with blood relation to us that emotionally, we share ZERO ties with. You, yourself probably have a friend that knows your deepest darkest secrets, who you feel is closer to than most of your born-in Pedigree? What about in the case of the deadbeat parent who has abandoned their child. Are they still considered family simply because they are relatives? I think not.
 
     Just because someone shares a bloodline, doesn't mean they won't cross you the wrong way and/or treat you any better than a stranger would. I've had people, with NO blood relation, that I call family that have looked out for me in my darkest hours when some of my relatives left me out to fend for myself; after putting me in a bad situation. I will not let the 'relative excuse' place me there ever again. Family should be earned and cherished; make sure those you do is a choice YOU make, not one you are stuck with.
 
"Relatives happen by Chance, Family is by Choice"
 

 
back to top